Sunday, February 18, 2007

Madelyn and Coleman

This is my friend Mandy's new baby boy Coleman. Isn't he the cutest thing? We went to visit them this afternoon and Madelyn being the little mommy she thinks she is could not wait to hold him. She did really good, but she did not like the fact that I kept my hand under his little head while she was holding him. She doesn't realize how fragile there little necks and heads are when they are newborns. She wanted to get up and walk around with him and put him in his bed, but I had to explain to her that he was too small for her to walk around with.







The enormous dog is Mandy and Patrick's Great Dane, Caroline. Madelyn wasn't too sure about her because she has never been around a dog that big before. I tried to prepare her before we got to Mandy's that they had a dog that was as big as a horse, but she didn't believe me until she saw her for herself. Madelyn finally got close enough to her so I could get a picture.






It is hard to believe that Madelyn was once as small as Coleman. She was actually about 2 lbs. less than him when she was born, but for some reason, I just don't remember her ever being that small. I say that I can't believe she is about to be 4 years old because it doesn't seem like she should be, but then again it seems like forever since she was a tiny baby. This is a baby picture of Madelyn taken during her first trip to the beach.

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I linked to your site from the Hughes' site. Miss Madelyn is absolutely precious and looks just like you. Hope you guys are doing well. Pass a congrats on to Mandy for me and tell her I said Coleman is sooo cute.

Jennifer Knight Willis
www.grahamandisabelle.blogspot.com

The Rice Family said...

hey i found your page from the hughes and i will have to add you to my everyday blogs so make sure you check it out. coleman is so cute! we will have to get mandy set up on the blog page too so we can keep up with coleman! your little girl is so cute so looks alot like you i think she is getting so big! they grow up too fast.

heather (turner) rice

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

i love that picture of her laid up on the beach! that's my kind of girl!

Landrum Family said...

These pictures are too cute. I love the one of her holding little Coleman.

Jenny, Stevie and Sophie said...

Hey Tammy,

I cant believe Madelyn has gotten so big... Cant wait to see you guys at the river.

Jenny