Saturday, April 11, 2009

Going Home


We finally were able to leave the hospital about 1:00 on Friday afternoon. We were so worried that they were going to say he needed to stay another day because of his bilirubin level. His levels kept getting higher the last couple of days and the doctor told us Thursday that if it was too high Friday morning then they may need to keep him so he could continue the phototherapy another day. We still chose to go and spend the night with him in the NICU family room Thursday night just hoping that we were going to be able to bring him home Friday. When the nurse told me that his level had gone up 2 points Friday morning, I just broke down and cried thinking that the doctor was going to come in and say he had to stay. Torey and I waited all morning in the family room for the doctor to come by and let us know her decision. I was so happy to hear her say that we could leave as long as we took him to Children's South today to get his bilirubin checked again. That was perfectly fine with me and I would have done anything just to be able to leave that hospital with my baby! We took him to Children's South today for his labwork and it was fine. The lab called our pediatrician who called us and said that the level was okay and that he wouldn't need any further treatment.

2 comments:

The Spencer Family said...

I'm so glad y'all are home! I can't wait to get over there & hold that sweet baby.

GARY said...

We are so glad you are all at home. It will take a little while to adjust but things will get better. Sure hope you get some deserved rest. We love you all so very much.