Madelyn & Bailey on a lazy Sunday afternoon
Today I will get to find out what it is like to hold a 5 year old, 50lb. Kicking, screaming child down so she can get her booster shots. I had the choice of letting her get the shots at age 4 or age 5 and dumb me said "oh lets wait another year" now I am wishing we would have made her have them at 4. I am a nervous wreck because I don't see it going to smooth. She is probably going to hate me, Dr. Albert and the nurse after today!!! Daddy can't get off so he gets to miss out on the fun and he will be her "favorite" person tonight! I might just have to go buy her another Webkinz after the pain she is going to have to endure! Poor baby and poor mommy! I have tried to prepare her since last night so she knows what to expect. I didn't want to surprise her with the news today at the doctors office that she was having to get shots. I thought it might work out better if she were prepared. So think about us around 2:00 this afternoon and pray that it does not go as bad as I am thinking it will.
On a brighter note, Madelyn is now tying her tennis shoes laces and she tied her daddy's last night. We have one more thing marked off of her "to learn before kindergarten starts" list. She is also learning to ride her bike without training wheels. That is not going as easy as I thought it would. I was practicing with her a few days ago and when it came time for me to let go of the bike, I couldn't do it. She was protected with knee & elbow pads and her helmet and not to mention she was on grass, but I couldn't bring myself to let go of the bike. I couldn't stand the thought of her falling and getting hurt. I think I will leave that part up to her daddy from now on. Since he can't be there for the shots, he can be the one to let go of the bike! Sounds fair to me!


2 comments:
Did everything turn out ok at the doctor? Poor baby!
She is growing up! She can tie her siblings shoes for you! She will such a good helper, hehehhe! I love the dance pictures too!!
Post a Comment