Friday, May 11, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day! To all of you who are already Mothers and all of you who wish to soon be Mothers.

I especially wanted to wish my Mom a Happy Mother's Day and thank her for everything she has done for me. For those of you who don't know, my Mom has always been there for me from day one. She has been my Mother, my Daddy and my best friend. Even though I haven't always shown her how much I love her, I know she knows that I do more than anything. We moved to Birmingham from Missisippi 13 years ago and at first I did not like it here. I think I just missed my friends and family in Mississippi and I didn't give Alabama a chance. Once I did start liking it here and realized that there was so much more for me here than the small town that I came from, I ended up meeting the love of my life and eventually we got married and had our own beautiful daughter. Since Madelyn was born, my Mom has always been there for us. She has taken care of Madelyn like she was her own. When I went back to work Madelyn stayed with Nanny so she didn't have to go to daycare. Madelyn started Mother's Day out when she was about 18 months old and of course Nanny was there to take her and pick her up everyday. Several months ago, my Mom and Rick started talking about possibly moving to their lakehouse at Smith Lake and selling their house here in Pleasant Grove. Of course, I was very upset and I wondered how was I going to make it without my Mom here everyday. She also was feeling guilty thinking she was abandoning me and Madelyn. After months of worrying about how everything was going to work out when they moved, the time is here. Madelyn will be starting full time daycare and 4K in just a couple of weeks and my Mom will be living at the lake. I know everything is going to be ok and even though we are going to miss Nanny so much, we know that she will still always be here for us no matter where she lives. My Mom is the type of person who worries about everything and I am afraid that I get some of that from her, but I just wanted her to know that if it wasn't for her raising me the way she did and teaching me all of the things she has taught me and being the best mother she could possibly be then I would not be who I am today. I hope and pray that Madelyn and I have the same relationship and closeness that me and my mother share.
Happy Mother's Day Mama! Love, your little girl!
Don't kill me for posting this picture!!!


7 comments:

The Spencer Family said...

That is so sweet!! I wish my mother & I were as close as you & your mother & man Madelyn really does look like you when you were little! Happy Mother's day Tammy!

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

that is to sweet! i know you and madelyn will be just as close as you and you mom are! happy mothers day!

The Rice Family said...

happy mother day!

Landrum Family said...

Happy Mother's Day!

*Staci* said...

That is so sweet. I know how you feel. My mother does practically everything for me and Joe. I don't know what I would do without her. Y'all are close like me and my mother are! Happy Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks,Tammy! You will always be my baby girl and I don't mind the picture at all. One day, you will not mind the pictures of you when you were carrying Madelyn ,either. It is such a special time in your life.
I am so very proud of the woman you have grown up to be. I give the credit to God, because I could not have done it alone. You are my heart and I will always be here for you and Madelyn....and hopefully you'll give me another baby to love in the near future!
Love always, Mama

Jenny, Stevie and Sophie said...

Happy Mothers Day! what would we do without wonderful Moms. We are both very lucky